Sweet Mmms...

The other night I had no idea what to fix for dinner. With crazy schedules I felt like I hadn't really cooked a complete meal in ages! I had chicken thawing and started digging through the cabinets and found these two sweet potatoes. Hmmm... can't go wrong with sweet potatoes, right? Yumm-o!


I got online and found a recipe for SP fries that sounded easy enough and set to work. The recipe said to not wash the potatoes unless you dried them thoroughly so they will still be able to soak up the EVOO. So I just peeled them neatly.

Chopped them into fry shapes...

Try not to leave too many thin, pointy ends as they would get burned easily.

Super cute assistant is not required but definitely recommended:

Sprinkle the potato pieces with salt and pepper. The recipe suggested Sea Salt and Fresh ground pepper but it's me we're talking about so I just used what was on hand, the regular old boring apparently-not-so-great for you table salt and pepper from the shakers. :) Then drizzle with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Not too much, they are not going to a pool party, just enough to get them a nice glossy coat...

Mix it all around until evenly coated then spread them out so they are not touching because who wants soggy fries?

Pop them in the oven at 425 for about 20 minutes and then take a moment to enjoy your assistant's game of Peek-a-boo...




Take them out and flip them over with tongs (or chopsticks like me!) and pop them back in the oven for 10-15 minutes more. Then leave the room because the yummy smell will make you want to take them out and eat them right away!


Meanwhile I was preparing chicken tenders that went right in the oven with the potatoes and my assistant was impressed with my multi-tasking. "Oooooohhhhhhh..."

Popped a bag of steamable broccoli florets in the microwave for speed and viola!

An easy-peasy dinner that was oh-so yummy! When I saw the fries I thought I had burned them but really they were just crispied and actually just perfect!

{Mommy Moment}
Jeremiah reluctantly ate his obligatory bites of broccoli then said "Mmm... you're right, mommy! These are good!" I about fell on the floor as he proceeded to eat the rest of the broccoli from his plate. I asked if he wanted more and he said no. Oh well, I won't push my luck! lol

xoxo