Cranberry Orange Muffins...



I wouldn't call myself a baker, but I do enjoy it! I have been looking for a good orange muffin recipe for a long time. My sister-in-law makes orange cranberry bread every Christmas and I LOVE it! I finally asked for the recipe. Then found a similar recipe that added a bit of texture to the top. {LOVE}



Here is the recipe:



what you need

1-3/4 cups flour
1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
4 tsp. Baking Powder
2 cups whole grain cereal flakes with cranberries and almonds, divided (I used Post brand cereal)
3/4 cup fat-free milk
1 egg
1 tsp. grated orange zest
1/3 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. oil, divided
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped

make it

PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Combine flour, 1 cup sugar and baking powder in large bowl. Mix 1 cup cereal and milk in medium bowl; let stand 3 min. Add egg, orange peel, orange juice and 2 Tbsp. oil; mix well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Gently stir in cranberries.

CRUSH remaining 1 cup cereal; mix with remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar and 1 tsp. oil. Spoon batter evenly into 16 paper-lined medium muffin cups. Top with cereal mixture.

BAKE 22 min. or until muffins are golden brown and toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 min.; remove to wire rack. Serve warm or cooled.



































I'm still working on shooting food. It's not easy to make it look good! When I don't know where to start, I try to recreate something I like and learn why I like it/what makes it work and go from there. So I totally stole the idea for this set up from Kraft. I didn't pay attention to what kind of ribbon they used but when I went back to see their image again I found that I used the EXACT same ribbon. Ooops. Oh well. Theirs still looks better. But at least the muffins are yummy. :p