Winter Hat...

My mom saw this hat in a store and said Jey *HAD* to have it! It was the only one they had left and she was disappointed she couldn't get Joshua one to match. But at least Jey got one because he LOVES this hat so much!

He tried it on for me to take some pics for his Halmoni. Oh, that sweet little face...



And his "tough guy" posing he does on his own...

It snowed last week but it disappeared over the weekend. I had a photo challenge where the theme was "Winter Wonderland" but no snow! Just lots of rain. Pooey. Had to think of something, right? (I love a good challenge!) So I bundled up Jey by promising him he could make a big mess. I couldn't do this outside because it was too wet and rainy but I really like the lighting, kinda dramatic. I filled his mittens with salt (I wanted epsom salt but didn't have any handy - who does?) and told him he could throw it up in the air. It gave a nice snowy look to his hat! So I thought this salt thing might work. I gave him another handful and told him to try to blow it out of his hands. He thought this whole thing was hilarious! Here is the shot I entered in the challenge (not a contest so don't ask me if I won! lol)...



Yeah, it's salt. But the tiny-ness of it kinda gives a little magical feel, doesn't it? Here is another shot from that 5 minute session...



I think I actually like the second one better but the challenge had to include a face and I wasn't sure if this one was enough face. Here is the B&W version...



And before we got started, I had to capture a few of just his sweet face bundled up in his new fave hat...


Couldn't decided if I liked it better in color or B&W, what do you think?


{Mommy Moment}
He had so much fun and got carried away and at one point he thought he'd be cleverly silly and surprise me by throwing his handful AT me. I was so mad! Not because I felt a handful of salt in my hair and ears and down my shirt and in my pockets... (I was finding salt all day and night!). I probably would have laughed and threw some back but my camera was in between the two of us when this happened and it costs enough to make me a not-so-happy camper at that moment! YIKES. Thankfully, it didn't do any damage and I was able to blow the salt away from the delicate parts and get it all cleaned up. *WHEW* I almost had a heart attack when I saw all that salt flying! My own fault for letting a 6 year old play with salt. Well, that and telling him that he could throw it around. Go me.

Here are a couple outtakes for those that think everything I do goes so smoothly and perfectly with not fuss/mess... whatever.

Here he is throwing salt at me...



And here is the after math (and his bottom half)...


Yes, he's in his jammies. And yes, it took me a while to get all the salt up. And where in the world is he? In my garage, of course! Don't you have nasty, fake brick-looking linoleum in your garage? I think some previous owners used it as a den or something once upon a time and they glued it down with something that we've not been able to pull up yet. So there are still scraps of it left in the garage. Isn't that silly? There is one window in the garage and I love the lighting it gives! It was kinda gloomy out so I had to enhance it with my flash. I just aimed my flash at the window so the light would bounce back as if it were coming from the window. So there you go, a secret tip for you for free. Leave a comment, you stalkers! :)

xoxo