The New Schoolroom: Where We Homeschool...

The Schoolroom is complete! We LOVE it!

Here it is! This is where we are now schooling...

The hugacious desk (6 feet long!) and the HUGE dry erase board we built...

You can buy a 24x36 inch dry erase board for $40 or you can spend around $30 and make a 6x4 foot mounted dry erase board and have some to spare! The board was $14 for a 4x8 foot sheet. I had it cut to 4x6 to fit the space and then the rest cut into a 2x3 foot piece and two 12"x12" pieces to use as lapboards. The huge one I plan to use as a bulletin board. I'll post things up that we are working on. The smaller 2x3 foot piece we will use for normal, everyday use. I like having the lapboards for them to work problems. This saves paper for things they write over and over again for practice. :)

The other side of the room...

Lovely freezer that we have yet to use for homeschooling... :) However, it's metal so we can use it for our magnet stuff and not have to put something else up in the room. Although, I was considering getting a oil drip pan from the automotive section ($9) and mounting it for magnets. But now I don't have to so it works out. Even though the oil pan would look so cool, don't you think? :)

Surprisingly, the homeschool books and tools fit nicely into the organized shelf (I love organization!). But then, we're only into 2nd grade so we have many more books to come!

Joshua loves the snuggly reading corner. :)


Got the leather-like storage ottomans on Amazon for FREE! Gotta love reward points that you didn't know you were accumulating. :) They hold a surprising amount of stuff! We fit all our games in them and have room to spare. It's the mad organizing skills I have...


We put doors up to cover the water heater and furnace, and there is just enough extra room in there to store a vacuum and hang up brooms and other cleaning items. YAY! Behind the curtain is the laundry area. The doors would just get in the way and I knew it would be open most of the time with all the laundry that goes on so I was okay with a curtain. Thankfully, the opening was the exact same width as a bathtub so a shower curtain fit perfectly! It's not quite long enough but when that really bothers me, I'll sew some extra on. Maybe a stripe or some ruffles. :) Although it's not my usual style, I'm happy to see a rug my grandma gave me. She bought it in 1978 (!!!) and never used it! Seriously, it was in original wrapping. It was $125 (so says the tag) and is super nice wool. I feel fancy...


So there you have it! Our new schoolroom! I'm SO happy! Yahoo for organization!!! Still working on putting my office back together. Then maybe I'll be ready to get back to business! :)

Have a great weekend!!!