State Capital Game...

I found this free printable game with cards to make learning state capitals more fun for Jey.


It worked! Jey is competitive enough to enjoy this. He came close to winning the first game but I didn't fake it and let him win like a nice mommy would. Instead I used it to get him to study the capitals again so he could try to beat me the next time. Worked like a charm. :)

There is a game board you can print out but it didn't have enough spaces for me. I was only using the cards for the states we have covered so far and it was less than half. We went around the board and didn't go through all the cards. We played it again the next day and I changed the rule so we had to go around twice. He was okay with that and we were able to use all the cards this way. I was afraid he'd get board of the game before we got through all the states in the coming weeks but was pleased to find that he drew his own game board! It had lots of spaces and he will most likely be up for creating a new game board when we get tired of this one. Love my creative kid!

He chose some lego minifigures as the game pieces (I chose the one with no head since I didn't feel I need to go without a shirt)...






You can absolutely make this game on your own and change it up as needed. :) The best was finding Jey studying on his own just so he could try to beat me. I didn't even have to make him study! I'm always up for that!