Lego - Warhol Style...

I never really "got" the whole Andy Warhol trend. But when I was thinking of ideas for Jeremiah's room, I knew I wanted to incorporate his beloved Legos and this was the first idea that came to mind. The thing about this particular Andy Warhol Pop Art style is that it's colorful and fun - perfect for a kid's room, right? So I took a pic of one of his Lego guys (you know it's not easy to find the classic face anymore, there are so many with facial hair and expressions!). Here is what I did with the pic...



I took one of AW's pieces (THIS ONE) as inspiration for the colors and let Jey pick his fave combinations and those were the ones he liked best. I liked the Lego hands in it because it's just so classic. But then tried it without hands and kind of like it better...


But Jey likes the hands so I think that will be the winner. :)

I am going to print it up big for his wall. I love big prints. 8x10 seem so puny anymore!

Then... I had Jeremiah bring me all of his favorite Lego people. He loves to mix and match their bodies so he was thrilled to do this little task for me. I was first thinking of a panoramic pic of the people but am not sure it would look right on the particular wall it would go on. I am still debating. But for now, here are his faves, "family portrait" style!


Maybe I should have had them all doing the wave or something. haha

If you have any other ideas, please let me know!!!