Was That Real?

This post is exclusively for Ms. Jennifer. She refused to believe that the previous snowflake shot (posted HERE) was real. So as I was shooting more snowflakes another day, I made a point to include some pull back shots that might help her see I'm not a liar...

This time I took the glass from a picture frame and stood it upright (with the help of some clamps I had handy). I held the glass out to catch some snow then set the glass where I could more easily shoot the tiny flakes. I then attached my ruler (you can tell it's mine since Joshua drew on it) strategically so Ms. Jennifer could see the flake in reference to the size of the ruler (notice it's MM not INCHES)...


Getting closer...


See?


Not the prettiest snowflake I shot that day but it works for this!

And there you have your science lesson of the day. Snowflakes REALLY do look like that in real life.

(Love you, Ms Jennifer!)