Tricks...

Just for fun, I've been experimenting with different lighting lately.  While these are not turning out to be anything extraordinary (or even well done or interesting!), it has been fun to try new things and be inspired to use these techniques in other applications.  

Please ignore the tree coming out of his head and other distracting things in the background.My goal was to preserve some blue sky and a little sun glow while lighting his face with off camera flash (OCF)...


This was just more OCF, I put it in the room behind him...


I set some small flashlights in his lap to light up the book and bounce up to light his face...


Goofing off with double exposures.  I set the shutter to a really slow shutter speed (2 seconds?) and we were in a pitch black room.  I handheld a flash to fire immediately and then again after he ran toward the camera.  It was all fun and games until someone got hurt... he ran into the camera! lol


These images are SO different from my personal likings  and some are just down right creepy!  But, again, it helps me to think more creatively about using different lighting to achieve new looks to my images!